Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Martha's poem about her homeland


Manahiki


There is only one perfect island in the Cook Islands

One where the water is like the sun

And where the people are known for such friendliness and harmony

Where on a clear night the stars dance playfully in the moonlit sky

One where the water from their waterfalls

Look like diamonds falling from a cliff side

With mothers watching their young grow from their bedside

Where their breath taking atolls are full with breath taking sights

Which have pearls that can fill a woman with delight

This island, this beautiful Island is Manahiki

5 comments:

Sheralee said...

Hi Martha,

I read your awesome poem about your homeland in the Cook Islands. It was interesting to read how you expressed your feelings into your writing about your homeland. It made me imagine that I was actually there! Keep up the awesome work!

By Sheralee room1

Veisinia said...

Hello Martha what an awesome poem you've got.I really enjoyed reading this.I hope you come up with more poems as fantastic as this one.This picture with your poem would really bring me great memories of the times I was at Tamaki Intermediate.Thank You.

Tatiana said...

Hey Martha,

Wow you have a great poem. It really told me heaps about the Cook Islands even though its just a little poem. Keep up the good work.

Vaegaau said...

Hi Martha,
I really looked the way you expressed your feelings of how you felt about your hometown in the Cook Islands,I thought it was great how you used similes. Keep up this great work.

Val Soutar said...

Wow Martha,
What a beautiful poem. I especially like the way you have used similes to captivate the mood.
Looking forward to reading more of your published pieces of written work.
Mrs Soutar :)
ob