Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A fantastic Term 1 at Tamaki Intermediate School

At Tamaki Intermediate I’ve had many opportunities to learn, to attend sports coaching at lunch times, and to have fun with new friends I’ve made.

Every Tuesday afternoon the boys from Room 3 had been marching to the art room and the girls to the hard materials workshop for Technology. At hard material technology we have learnt that constructing an object of value could be hard work, dangerous and could take a long time to complete.

This term, swimming was a lot of fun. The lessons have taught me how to swim in many different ways and how to keep myself safe in water. Getting into the crystal clear water and gliding through it felt like I was flying with a flock of birds in the misty air. Knowing that I can swim is a good feeling.

When I joined the softball team, I never thought that the team would bring victory to our school. We did. This was in the Eastern Zone Tournament. To play the Inter Zone Tournament we made the journey to Albany feeling apprehensive. Our nerves got the better of us. We all tried our best but came back saddened.

Learning at Tamaki Intermediate made me realise that this school has exceeded my mother’s, and my own expectations. I now know what this school expects of me and what I expect of the school. I am sure there will be many epic experiences I will be exposed to in the journey of my education at this lovely school.

By Afu
Room 3

10 comments:

Mrs Sigamoney said...

Hey Afu
I really enjoyed reading your work.This is an amazing piece of writng. You have used rich language in your writing. Awesome to see your work on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Afu

I really liked how you used some great words in your writing.Keep on working hard.

From Genevieve

Anonymous said...

Hi Afu,
i hope your expectations are still up to standard.

Vaeggaau

Anonymous said...

hi Afu. i like your writing it was BRILLIANT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Afu! Your work was excellent you used some excellent words in there. Keep up the good work.

Erika

Anonymous said...

Hey Afu,
i like the rich words you have used in your writing. Your writing is BRILLIANT!!!!!

By Sheralee:]

Anonymous said...

hi afu,

i really like your story and i hope you keep it up

by Vaegaau

Anonymous said...

Hey Afu,

BRILLIANT WORK!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Afu. :-]

I enjoyed reading your work that has been put on blog.I like how you have used very rich and interesting words to explain how you enjoyed your first term at Tamaki Intermediate!! WELL DONE AFU!! EXCELLENT!!

Venessa said...

Hi, awsome work.

from Venessa :-]