Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Holidays

In the holidays I went to Australia. My mum, sister, brother and I flew with an airline called Emirates.

When we arrived there were a lot of people at the airport. We went and got our luggage from the bag claim and went through huge sliding doors and saw a lot of people picking up their families. I stood and looked for my aunty and saw her standing in the crowd. When I saw her she said to me "Happy birthday" and I smiled at her. I was as happy as a clown.

The drive to my aunty's home was a long one. It took us 45 minutes to drive to her house. When we arrived my sister grabbed my brother and kissed him until he turned red. I was so happy to see my sister. My sister and I sometimes get along but I was really happy to see her that day.

A few hours later, we went shopping at the mall that was near my aunty's house. We bought a lot of clothes. I felt so special. When we got home I was so tired and I went to sleep. When I woke up my mum told me to go and eat my dinner.

We stayed in Australia for 12 days. As we were packing on the day we left, my sister started crying. We said our goodbyes and headed for the airport. We arrived at the airport at 6.36 am. We checked in then headed to gate 9. We were one of the first people to board the plane.

As we were taking off my brother started crying and disturbed everyone on the plane. It took three hours and thirty minutes to get to Auckland. When we arrived in Auckland we had to sign many papers and went through many checks. When I saw my grandpa outside I hugged him and told him I missed him so much.

My holidays was great and I enjoyed it. I can't wait for the next holidays.

By Genevieve
Room 3

6 comments:

JOHNNY said...

I LIKE THIS WORK GENEVIEVE BECAUSE IT HAS GOOD WORDS AND IT IS VERY GOOD.

Mrs Tofa said...

Hi Genevieve I really enjoyed reading your recount about your holiday. Your writing is well sequenced and easy to follow. Australia sounds like fun and I am glad you got to see your sister again. Keep up the good work.
Mrs Tofa

Anonymous said...

hi i loved readin your work

by page

Anonymous said...

Hay Vivi. I liked your work. happy late b-day. You must of had a really cool holiday. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!
By Sheralee

Anonymous said...

Hi Genevieve

Your work was Brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

i like your reflection report it has really powerful words in it