Thursday, November 25, 2010

Showing her appreciation for her granparents. This is Genevieve's letter expressing her grattitude for her grandparents.

Dear Mrs Baker,

Have you ever had someone who you loved you, took care of you, fed you and put a shelter on top of your head. Well that’s the job my grandpa and nana have done for me ever since I was a little girl. These two amazing people raised, cared and nourished my mother. My mum and dad have full time jobs so my nana and grandpa are like my heroes.

My nana had two marriages. She had 5 kids before she met my grandpa. Then when she met my grandpa my mum came along. Even though my grandpa is not related by blood to my nanas 5 older children he still cares for them as if he is their father.

At home sitting in her own little room is my great grandma who is 89. This lady has Parkinsons disease. This mean she needs help to do everyday stuff like eating, having a shower, going to the toilet and sometimes even walking. That when my nana comes in. She cooks, does the laundry and makes the best Lu sipi (lamb wrapped in taro leaves) I have ever tasted. My nana is just 70 and has problems with her right arm but she still cares so much about her mum that nothing will get in the way when she needs help.

My grandpa may not be special to you but he is to me. This man has been in the hospital several times because of his heart. The year before last year on Christmas my grandpa was rushed to the hospital because he stopped breathing. At that moment I thought I was going to lose my role model, my rock and my hero.

Yours Sincerely

Genevieve

3 comments:

Talanoa Mai said...

Talofa Genevieve. Your title caught my eye. I am very fond of my grandparents too! They make such a huge positive difference in our lives. From the physical caring through to the mental and spiritual. In their calm and mature way they care for us. I can tell by your post here that you understand this and have experienced it first hand. I think this is such a lovely story to tell. I hope many more people will read this and be reminded of how our grandparents are real treasures. Malo aupito.
Ko Mrs Tele'a

Anonymous said...

Hello Genevieve,
I really like your story it shows that no matter what our grandparents are awesome. Some people just think that our grandparents are old people that are boring, but deep down they have a lot of interesting things about them. I know what you mean by them being there for us. I lived with my grandparents and they did everything to make me happy. I hope more people will read this and realise there is nothing wrong with them.

From Maria

Ina rm1 said...

Hi Genevieve

Your story caught my eyes before I even read it.
When I read your story,I knew straight away how you were feeling.Your grandparents are awesome.I would say your story about your grandparents is touching and one of the best stories I've ever read.
Keep up the great story writing,you can inspire a lot of people.
Well written.