Friday, April 1, 2011

This is Veisinia's letter regarding an article she read in a local newspaper

Room 3

Tamaki Intermediate

Panmure

Auckland

Thursday 24th March 2011

Allan Peachey

National MP


Dear Allan Peachy

I am writing against your decision to shut down Tamaki Intermediate and give four primary schools the right to become a full primary school. I have reasons for coming to Tamaki Intermediate.

First of all I decided to come to this school so I could use new learning tools, try out their new uniform, and experience being taught as a young adult. Staying at a school that you have been to from five years of age until 13 is going to be really irritating. I want to see new faces, make new friends and have a change of learning environment.

Your opinion of our school makes me feel really upset and angry. I know Tamaki Intermediate has the best learning tools and teachers as any other school.

Lastly if I get sent back to primary it will make me feel like I am back to being five years old and that feeling will never go away. Primary was really awesome but I want to start in the next stage and at a different school to help me get ready for my next steps which is college.

I hope my letter will persuade you and give you of bit of time to think about the information you are sending out to people and think about how it is going to affect the students and the teachers of this great school.

Thank you

Veisinia

9 comments:

Martha said...

cool writing!! But I don't want the school to shut down and to go bck to primary

Ana said...

Wow this is marthas mum and I think that this is ausome piece of writing.

irasa said...

oh my gosh!!!! I love this story. If you were writing to me about this I would say to myself what a brave girl!!!!!!!

calvin said...

nice writing to Allan Peachy and i agree with this story

Kaisara said...

Hey Veisinia,
this a very good letter about Allan trying to close our school down. Keep it up!!!!!
From Kaisara

Anonymous said...

awesome letter vesinia, i love your reasons & do back you up. Tamaki Intermediate was the best two years of my life in the school life and yet still is at this very point. It saddens me to hear that Tamaki Intermediate could be shut down. Seriously from the age of 5 to 13 at the same school really will irritate me but im pretty sure others out there will feel the same way too. Hope Tamaki will still be up even for the next generation especially with the new buildings, classes and uniforms, like we wouldn't want all that money spent to go to waste right? all the best. cheers :)

From ; Irasa's older sister

Tatiana said...

Hey Veisinia,
Wow!!! I really like your piece of writing to Allan Peachy. I really agree with you and how you feel I mean I wouldn't want to to stay in primary until age 13. I really love the words that you put in and you have also put in great complex sentences. Keep up the good work.

From Tatiana

Martha said...

Hi veisinia I really hope that the school won't shut down because I don't want to back to my old primary school, by the way this is a wonderful letter.

From Martha

Anonymous said...

Hey there Veisinia,
You really did write a good letter to Allan Peachy.Keep up the good work. I agree with all of the comenters. I really don't want the school to shut down because I don't want to go back to primary.
By Siosaia