Friday, October 29, 2010

This is a recount about Erika's school holidays.


My memorable holidays

In the holidays it was my birthday and my Nana asked me what I wanted to do and I just said I wanted to go to Denny’s. My Nana said alright and she went and booked it. On my birthday my family and I travelled to Denny’s in a four wheel drive.

As we walked into Denny’s we had to go to the receptionist’s area. After that we started eating and talked about what college I was going to and about my school and how I have been doing at school.

After we ate, we left and travelled to Candyland in Hamilton. The drive was very long it took maybe an hour. Candyland was fun. I had never seen so much candy at one place. We all started eating lollies as if the world was coming to an end.

When we finished up at Candyland we went to my dad’s house. It was a beautiful apartment but we didn’t stay long because we were coming back on the following Sunday. We drove back up to Auckland and when we were in Auckland we drove back home to cook dinner.

Two days after my birthday my generous aunty took us to the Highland Park Cinemas. We watched Toystory3 it was awesome and at the same time it was scary and awfully sad. We munched on popcorn while watching the movie.

The movie was very interesting to watch. When the movie finished all my little cousins and my annoying brother ran to the arcade area. We stayed there for a couple of games and then we leaving a trail of a mess. After that we had lunch that each one of us packed which was fizzy drinks, lollies, sandwiches and other snacks.

When we got home we ate pizza and nachos. When it finally got dark we started watching movies we watched Eclipse, Boy, Ip Man1, Ip Man2, Predators, Toystory3, Shrek Forever After, Karate kid, Final Destionation3 and Legion.

The holidays were memorable. Another year was added to my age. I went to Candyland and almost suffocated myself with so much candy. The best part is I had so much fun.


4 comments:

Berttina Rm2 said...

Hey Erika, I loved your writing and loved the movies and places you visited.
You have used great vocabulary for your story.

Anonymous said...

hi Erika
good to know that you had a great time on your birthday!!


by venessa

Anonymous said...

What and exciting holiday you had.
Awesome writing Erika.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story Erika great writing. I am so jealous about Candyland.

From Maria