Thursday, July 26, 2012

Achieving Excellence by conquering my fears

What a great and awesome break we had during the two weeks of school holidays and in one of those days something great had happened to me.It was on the 9th of July and it was one of my cousin’s birthday. We were in charge of her birthday party and it was going to be an awesome day.

It was of course a busy day when the phone rang. It was my cousin. She told me that I had to do a speech for her and it had to be nice. I had to say it in front of heaps of people. I was worried because I am a very shy girl but I couldn’t say no so I accepted to do the speech she asked for.

Two more days until my cousin’s birthday and I spent two hours moaning and disagreeing about the speech  and nearly a whole day working on a little speech until I knew what I was about to say. I was definitely scared but I knew I was going to do a good thing to my cousin.  

I woke up and I had just realised that today was the 9th of July. Today was going to be an awesome and fun day. Today was the scariest day for me and do you know why? It was all because of the one and only speech. We celebrated it at her house and I was really proud of what my family did to make her birthday awesome.The decorations were fantastic and there were plenty of yummy delicious food getting ready to be eaten and balloons filling the whole house with joy.

We had a great time spending every second wisely, playing fun games eating until our stomachs were filled with delicious food and then an announcement was made. It was my turn to shine in front of all the smiling people ready to hear my speech about my wonderful helpful cousin. I was really scared and shocked but I knew there was a lot of people supporting me.

My speech began like this...To all the people who knew her I would like to say that today as we all know is her birthday and she really deserves this because she is awesome and helpful in all sorts of ways. She cares for everyone and I know she is going to be successful person when she grows up. I have also written why she is a fantastic cousin to me and why she is the coolest cousin in the whole wide word. When I finished all I heard were people cheering for me and I was so happy and proud of myself. Later on my cousin gave me a big hug.

This was something I achieved because I wasn’t as confident as before and so if you have to do something in front of a birthday party just give it a go and don’t be scared like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Norbegun,

This is an awesome piece of writing, you write so great it feels like I am there. I hope you will continue conquering your fears in the future. You are a role model to all shy girls!

From Maria R