Thursday, July 26, 2012

Alyson reflects on a time when she achieved Excellence

All I could feel was my heart pounding. I was so nervous. It was a time when some students were awarded a trophy. I was excited and nervous at the same time.

My friends and I lined up for the big day. It was Graduation day for the year 6's. Graduation was when all students were farewelled and were given good luck in the future. All the students were happy but I was really was not that happy, because I was sure that I wasn't going to get an award. My principal went up on stage and announced the Sports Awards and the Cultural Award. Then it came down to the Learning Awards. It was then the Writing Awards. I was so confident I wasn't going to get it.

A few moments later I heard my name being called for the Excellence in Writing award. I was so surprised, I took a breath in and let it out again. I felt really confused because my friend was really good at writing but I wasn't. I didn't know what my family’s reactions until I saw them smiling away. I walked up with pride and I was really proud of myself, then my aunties walked up and put a lolly necklace on me I felt really proud.

After that the graduation ceremony was over. I was then given more lollie necklaces and I shared them among my friends. For the first time in my life I knew that I have made my nana really proud. To  see her smile just because of me was a really happy feeling. To win this award was a big achievement which brought great happiness for me and for my family.

1 comment:

Irasa L said...

Hi Alyson, Wow what a nice prize. That must of been the event of that year! Keep working hard!