Thursday, July 26, 2012

Excellence is about trying

Last year in term two Mike Henry from the New Zealand All Sports Academy came over to our school and asked anyone from our school if they wanted to be a part of the team. I seriously wanted to be in it so I set it up for me to achieve. After we finished assembly I asked if I can be in the team and Mike said "Yes, but you have to be good and behave until I come back next week".

So I tried to behave and I kept on trying and trying. Finally Mike came and talked to my teacher and my teacher was talking about the good things and what I can be sometimes e.g. noisy, talkative.

I was chosen to be in the Academy and I was full of joy. The first trip the Academy went on was the Wellington trip. We had to sell chocolate to people and a lot of people bought some.Then we had  to pay our flying ticket and then we zoomed off and left to Wellington.

Once we got to Wellington we went straight to fundraising and straight after fundraising we headed off to our hotel on a street named Willis St. When we got to our hotel we went to our room and placed our stuff in the closet and then went out for dinner. That was an awesome trip.

1 comment:

Maria R said...

Dear Howard this is really good writing. It was funny how you said that you can be noisy or talkative. but in the end you were successful.

From Maria R